A must read 20 MAJOR SACRIFICE WOMEN MAKE IN MARRIAGE By Amb utchay ODIMS(Mabs,fycb,fcilg)
Marriage comes with alot of responsibilities and sacrifices,both from the husband and wife. In this article we are going to discuss some of the major sacrifices women make in marriage.
1. TAKING UP THE MAN’S NAME: As a married woman, the first sacrifice you have to make is taking up your husband name. This is actually a big deal,because it is not just the name that changes, your identity also changes forever.”Big sacrifice”
2. BEARING AND RAISING CHILDREN: This changes everything about a woman’s life, starting from your body,your character, spirit and soul. Once a woman start bearing children, your body begin to change, most time this changes are not pleasant, if you dwell on them it might lead to depression, and most time in the process of giving birth most women loose their lives, or loose a part of their self.”Hmmmm”
3. CARETAKER AND HOME-MAKERS: After marriage society expect you as a woman to become caretakers, for your husband kids and everyone around you, from worrying and taking care of only you to forgeting about you and worrying about everyone else, this is not as easy as it sounds.”strength of a woman”
4. SELFISHNESS: I think Selflessness is indeed very far from the dictionary of woman, there’s no self in their dictionary untill someone’s remind them of their own needs, imagine constantly making food you don’t like eating, simply because your husband and children loves it, just to keep everyone happy.
5. GIVING UP ON DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS: Women generally lives their husband dreams once they are married, all they concerned about is helping their husband achieved their goals and dream in life, study shows that, 70% of women abandon their dreams and ambition to raise and support their family once married.”A huge sacrifice”
6. GIVING UP ON CAREER: 75% of Nigeria women, give up their career and jobs to raise a family, most of the time in Africa,the husband decides and don’t want their wifes to work, they want them to stay at home and take care of the home,After spending quality years studying,
“i hope this lock down makes us understand how big a sacrifice staying home is”
7. LOOSING YOURSELF: In trying to be the kind of woman your husband and children expect you to be: I’m sure, if i am to ask women, about the things the are currently doing now, the way the are now, you hear responds like” thats what my husband likes, or that what my children likes, women most at times loose their self while trying to be what their men wants.
8. HUSBAND PLEASERS: Women naturally are people pleaser, especially people they love, so doing things to please their husband even when is not convenient,become second nature once a woman is married, just to have a happy home.
9. LOOSE YOUR VOICE: you can’t speak any how so you won’t upset your husband and bring shame to your family .
10. YOUR FREEDOM: where you go to,how your dress, you give up most of this once you are married someone now decide most thing that happen in your life.
11. TIME: As a single lady you have your time to do as you please, but once you married and start having kids, your time is now shared between your husband and kids, you go from having the whole day to yourself to not having a minute to sit and breath anymore, this can be alittle difficult and frustrating .
12. HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS: Alot of relationships and friendship dies once a woman is married, every friend she has now must be approved by the husband”Wow”
13. RELOCATING: having to leave a particular area you been living for a long time and relocating to the unknow with your husband can be difficult, for instance a friend of mine got married early this year, she loves leaving and working in lagos, but the husband was recently transfered to ibadan, so she has to move to ibadan with him, resign from her job, say good bye to her friend and Family. Now she is over there trying to start her life from scratch again. This can be so hard and traumatizing.
14. LIFESTYLE: women that are used to partying, clubing and hanging out on weekends with friends, after marriage, always have to give this aspect of their life up,
15. QUALITY SLEEP: How can you have quality sleep, when there are kids and husband to worry about, have they eaten, are they asleep are the happy, thought and thought of how to build and have a peaceful home crowds the woman’s mind even while sleeping.
16. PRIDE: Your husband becomes your pride once you are married, you humble yourself to an extent of loosing yourself just for the marriage to work.
17. SACRIFICING THEIR NEEDS FOR THEIR HUSBANDS: I know women that go through extra miles in learning new ways of doing things just for their husband, even when it’s doesn’t favour them.
18. LEAVING THE LOVE AND COMFORT IN YOUR PARENTS HOUSE: once you are married as a woman your husband family becomes your first family, a new learning begins, coping and dealing with people you dont know and don’t like begins, especially when the man’s family stays together, this can get extremely hard and lot of sacrifices must be made by the woman.
19. FAMILY WELFARE: Every thing about the family welfare is placed your hand, if there is happiness in the family you are praised for it, if there is a problem you are blamed for it.
20. FINANCIAL CONTROL: women mostly sacrifice their finances to their husbands, he controls every thing you have, and own, you go to him if you need anything, and this alone can be so humbling.
Finally Men consider the major sacrifices women make to maintain, manage and take care of their homes, we understand better that there is nothing too big or small that a loving woman won’t do to keep , protect and nuture her family, expecting nothing but a little love and appreciation from you in return.
Most times i wonder, how we can ever pay them back, and i realise we can never pay them back. All we can do is to appreciate love respect and try to take care of our wifes mothers and sisters.
As a husband loving and taking care of your wife is not a favour to her, it’s your responsibility, i mean in what other way do you think you can pay her back?
It takes a strong and loving woman to make all this sacrifices for her family.
Kudos to all our strong beautiful and loving women out there, who are doing everything humanly possible for their family we appreciate you.
Feel free share your thought and experience
▪Don’t forget to like and subscribe to our YouTube channel LOVE and RELATE…
Get inspired for counseling WhatsApp +2347018122546
Email us: Loveandrelate100@gmail.com
Facebook: Love N Relate
Pls Share with all your contacts.
Someone needs it i care…Ambassador utchay.