When you decides to get marry, you are doing that with the hope and determination of making it work, and making it last forever as it is meant to be. But some times we are so engrossed in the wedding planning and preparation that we forget to take out time to think and understand that it will not be a bed of roses.
Marriages take works, commitment, and love, but they also need respect to be truly happy and successful. A marriage drew-on love and respect doesn’t happen overnight, it takes time, put in work and commitment, You and your partner have a role to play in it.
Here are five ingredients that must be present for the marriage to work.
1. Effective communication : Talking to your partner is very important in knowing and understanding what your spouse want from you. Having an open and regular communication can eliminate doubt and fear in marriage. Communication must not necessarily Be about bills kids etc, it could be as little as sharing your thoughts, dreams and expectations, listening and understanding is part of a good communication.
2. Respect and understanding: Every one wants to be loved and respected, little things like disrespect can cause great damage in marriages in choosing a partner, it’s important that you choose someone who understands and respect you, someone you know you can respect,.
3. Willingness to forgive and completely let go: Forgiveness is a necessity in life and it is crucial in marriage, for any marriage to work you must understand the important of forgiveness and you must be willing and able to forgive .
4. Understand the importance of trust and Built trust: when we understand that nothing works without trust, we realize that to make a marriage work There must be trust, learning to trust your partner not only make the marriage work, it also put you at ease and stress free mood.
5. Learning to Agree and disagree with love: Agreement and disagreement is part of life, Everyone can’t see things the way you are seeing it, this conveys disagreement. Working Through the disagreement constructively, while identifying the interest and need of your partner will help strengthen the bond between you and your spouse, which will help keep a happy home.
Everything works better when there is joy and happiness, sometimes we have to be deliberate in our actions to make things happen, if you want to enjoy marital bliss and a happy home, I encourage you to be intentional in how you treat your spouse or how you build your home. Because what you sow is what you will reap.